Thursday 22 May 2014

Book Review: Crash into You by Katie McGarry

Posted by Unknown at 03:51
Crash into You by Katie McGarry




Crash into You
by Katie McGarry
Book description from Goodreads:

From acclaimed author Katie McGarry comes an explosive new tale of a good girl with a reckless streak, a street-smart guy with nothing to lose, and a romance forged in the fast lane.

The girl with straight As, designer clothes and the perfect life—that's who people expect Rachel Young to be. So the private-school junior keeps secrets from her wealthy parents and overbearing brothers...and she's just added two more to the list. One involves racing strangers down dark country roads in her Mustang GT. The other? Seventeen-year-old Isaiah Walker-a guy she has no business even talking to. But when the foster kid with the tattoos and intense gray eyes comes to her rescue, she can't get him out of her mind.

Isaiah has secrets, too. About where he lives, and how he really feels about Rachel. The last thing he needs is to get tangled up with a rich girl who wants to slum it on the south side for kicks-no matter how angelic she might look.

But when their shared love of street racing puts both their lives in jeopardy, they have six weeks to come up with a way out. Six weeks to discover just how far they'll go to save each other.


Goodreads Link

My review:

***5 STARS***






HUNK ALERT!!

Wow, what a journey! It was a roller-coaster of emotions, from happiness, to pissed-off-ness, and I ended up bawling my eyes out at the end. 

This is the first book I've read by Katie McGarry. I haven't read her other books in this series yet, but now I'm not sure I wanted to because I feel they won't be as great as this book! The story took me by a storm. I was immediately dived into a world of drag racing, Mustangs, adrenaline rush, and at the center of it all, an angel in a devil's disguise. Yes, I'm talking about Isaiah. That guy was just. . .  incredible! He was the kind of guy that everyone would steer away from because of his shaved head, tats and piercings but it was only a way to keep the outside world from getting to him. 

How could a bad boy be so romantic? He was an angel *sigh*

God didn't send this angel to save me. He sent her as a sacrifice. 
I should be pissed. Who knows if I'll ever see the money from Eric. Who knows if Noah and I will lose the lease, sending me back into the system. Right now, I don't fucking care. I'm touching an angel. 
"You can ignore me, Rachel, and you can try to treat me as a friend, but none of that will erase the fact that I think about kissing you every second I'm awake and dream at night of my hands on your body. And it sure as hell won't erase that I'm terrified by how much I like you."



Yeah, okay. I get the picture. Will you marry me now, Isaiah? 

So their love affair began at an illegal drag race. The po-pos came and Isaiah ended up saving Rachel from the evil clutches of men in blue uniforms. As a result, Eric - the criminal douchebag lost his money and reputation because someone snitched on them and ended up shifting the blame to Rachel. Isaiah, being the almighty hero defended Rachel and took her debt instead. So now, they had 6 weeks to come up with five thousand dollars in cash before Eric came to collect his due and probably beat Isaiah into a pulp and rape Rachel. 

What I liked about this story is that it didn't give you a crash course of love. It wasn't intense 'I-love-you-at-first-sight' kind of thing, and sure, the attraction was there but it was rather sweet. I liked how this Romeo and Juliet were deeply flawed characters.  Rachel, being the rich chick but despite her family background, Rachel loved cars, getting herself covered in axle grease and she had an illness that she tried to hide from her family: her panic attacks. Rachel was a very sweet character and I'm so glad that Isaiah found his HEA through her *sobs*

This isn't me. None of it. I'm not the girl who hangs in a bar. I'm not a girl who is comfortable talking to guy. And I'm sure not the girl who leans over the table to be close to anyone. Yet I'm doing all those things and I'm loving every freaking second. 
"I like who you are, Isaiah, and I like how you look at me. But what I really like is the rush that hits me when you're in the room."

  Oh by the way, have I ever told you how much I hate Rachel's family? They were a bunch of self-centered assholes; a mom who still went boo-hoo-hoo over her dead daughter and Rachel ended up having to live up to Colleen's memory, asshole brothers who were overprotective over Rachel but allowed her to suffer to keep their momma happy, and the asshole dad who couldn't even drive a stick. Seriously, so much rage going on here when I read to those parts. I wanted to . . . tear something ugh. 




 Overall, it was a fantastic Romeo and Juliet story with loveable protagonists. Isaiah by far, is one of my best book boyfriends :3 

If he hurts her, he'll die. And then his boys will hunt me like a dog and take me down. My goal is to get us the fuck out of this situation without all that Romeo and Juliet bullshit.
I lower my head. She's going to make me put it in writing. I've never felt so much like a sideshow monkey as I do now: Yeah, I like you. A lot. 

"I can't give you the world, Rachel, but I'll give you all I got." 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

The Mad Hatter's Book Party Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei