Tuesday 26 August 2014

Book review: The Sending by Jandy Salguero

Posted by Mango at 14:05
22908720 




The Sending (Senithas Light #1).
By  Jandy Salguero

Goodreads Description:

A city's peace is shattered when two university students go missing, and only Daneel and his friends know the shocking truth of what happened. Finding themselves under attack, Daneel leads them in a race to escape the mounting violence.

Mara is willing to kill for the beliefs of the faction that raised her. But as she seeks out her mark, using a rare, mystical form of travel known as the Sending, Mara discovers a powerful connection that challenges the truth of everything she’s been taught.

While Daneel fights to protect those he cares for, Mara must choose whether to cling to the ideology of her home—or open her scarred heart to a searing attraction and the promise of a new life.


Goodreads link

Review:


I generously gave this book 4 stars... It was a really good read. The story flew by, I rarely felt like i had to labour through the paragraphs. Apart from at the beginning which is more to do with me than the book... I tend to be impatient when it comes to reading the essential pages that set the scene of the story.

The Sending is the first part of a story... While I'm not sure how much more there could be to tell, since at this point we all know whats going on and it feels to me like there's a 'simple' solution, I am very interested in what new twists the Author will introduce in the next book. 

The 'Bond' between the two main characters read a little too cliche for me at times... but I did like how physically tangible the author makes it seem.

The book is also quite short, just over 200 pages. So I guess its great for readers who are short on time.  

I wasn't knocked off my feet by this book, but I did enjoy it and I'll probably be reading the next part (0nce its out).



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

The Mad Hatter's Book Party Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei